How Genetic Testing for Weight Loss Can Help You
Have you ever wondered why some people seem to eat more poorly than you do and yet YOU are the one struggling with your weight?
Have you struggled to make sense of why it seems very difficult to lose weight and keep it off, even when you follow a low-calorie meal plan?
Would you like to make sense of your unique body and metabolism and use that wisdom to guide you to lifestyle changes that work with your body and not against it?
Did you know that tailoring your nutritional intake to match your genetically determined metabolism can help you lose 30% more weight than a “one size fits all” diet of the same amount of calories?
Genetic testing has moved into the mainstream and is the future of preventive health. In addition to the thousands of tests being offered for medical conditions and diseases, the science and research behind genetic testing related to lifestyle and wellness markers has progressed to the point of understanding the specific genes dictating how the human body processes carbohydrates, fat, protein, micro-nutrients, etc., and how specific genes determine the effectiveness of certain fitness activities.
With the genetic testing technology and scientific understanding of the human genome available today, it is now possible to develop individually tailored nutrition and exercise programs that are based on and tailored to your unique DNA. Only now has the cost of genetic testing come down to the point where it is feasible to use this technology for health management programs offered to the general public.
Programs tailored to an individual’s DNA have proven to be much more effective than generic programs. A recent study published by the European Society of Human Genetics found that individuals employing weight management programs tailored to the individual’s genome lost up to 33% more weight than those following standard, “one size fits all” weight loss programs. With the latest genomic technology, any health management program that does not take an individual’s genetic profile into account is simply guesswork.
Basic Genetic Testing for Weight Loss Package
Includes the following:
– 1 hr 45 min hour intake, including information and basic recommendations you can begin applying immediately
– A simple and painless cheek swab which will be sent into a lab at Genetic Direction. Your results will be posted in 2–3 weeks (there is a brief on-line form you can fill out through the Genetic Direction website)
– 1 hour follow- up session to discuss results and create an individualized meal plan based on your unique genetic results
– This basic package is at a temporary promotional rate of $565 = Let’s get started!
Advanced Genetic Testing for Weight Loss Package
- For an additional $90.00, your results can include your exercise profile that helps you determine the right amounts and types of physical activity to maximize your weight loss efforts.
- 1 hour follow up to discuss results and to create an individualized plan
- For 2 hr 45 min of session time plus results of your genetic tests (including macro-nutrients, micro nutrients and exercise), a personalized meal plan plus a personalized fitness plan (based on your genetic make-up) is $655 = Let’s get started!